Saturday, March 18, 2006

YESTERDAY AND TODAY

Missed writing yesterday - working late and then some home improvement stuff. Our midwestern Illinois weather seems to be hanging on to winter. Yesterday morning was brisk but refreshing - the sun was just barely up over the trees a quarter of a mile away.

At my turn around point, saw and petted one of my favorite four legged friends - a big Malamute named Moose. We relate well. Someday if my kit-cats will allow, we'll have a Malamute again. And so to start the day, I go.

This Saturday morning, I walked about 2 and 1/4 miles and a little later in the morning. The cows and calves were chowing down and the neighbor farmer was checking the herd to make sure all was well. As I walked, my thoughts were of all the awesome senses we have and how God directs us to use them. If we listened to His directions, we would probably enjoy more. One of my New Year Resolutions was to take more joy in what has been given to my life.

I'm off to work this Saturday - this position I have held for almost two years. Another of my walking thoughts was of the 10 months of unemployment and what one of mentors told me when I lost my grant funded program at my previous agency. He said," The Lord has another plan for you." I carried that message throughout my job search and consider what I am now doing as part of that plan. If it weren't for the Lord with me, I would not have been able to facilitate all the changes needed to assist dealing with less funding from the government. And so with that thought in mind, my longer walk ended at the front door and off to work.

1 comment:

see-through faith said...

Joanne, thanks for sharing this " The Lord has another plan for you." it spoke to me too.

Your walk sounds lovely.