Friday, March 24, 2006

A Snowy Morning

Light fluffy snow greeted my step outside. As I turned out of the driveway, I heard the cardinals calling to each other. The snow topped off last summer's hydrangea blossoms with fresh new coats. Snowflakes landed on my jacket, reminding me of my teaching days when we would trek outside to catch the snowflakes and look through a magnifying glass to see each was special. When I taught at a Lutheran School - we called it "Custom Made by God".

This morning was a Morning Walk with the Lord. No thoughts muddled my brain. It is good to walk , listen, see, feel, and be thankful that I am enjoying what is given to me. No ducks or geese today, but heard many redwing blackbirds. As I was finishing, heard the red-headed woodpecker pecking at a tree in the woods. Greeted by outside cats waiting for a hello, a pet, and a snack.

1 comment:

see-through faith said...

my brain is so muddled now. I'd need to walk. But it won't happen today I'm staying with a Russian family and it's interesting and lovely -but I do need some fresh air so the window to my room is WIDE open even if cold. I think I'm oxygen deprived after the conference and prob dehydrated too.

I have a seminary exam on Tuesday - do pray for this if you can. I haven't had a moment to really study. (though I've read the notes) - and I feel partially brain dead right now.

tx