Sunday, March 05, 2006

Late late report!

Yes, I've walked for the past two days.

Day before yesterday, Ike wanted to skateboard with his friends, so while in the area I stopped to walk around a city park that has a blacktopped walk around it. In the middle of the park, the walk goes past the public tennis courts and a frisby golf course. There is something about that formalized walk that keeps my mind focused on the exercise and I hate it. I am always looking ahead, gauging how much farther I have to walk. Still, it was also a different scene than what I am accustomed to. I came across a group of kids on their way home from school. I walked behind them for quite a way, feeling like an eves-dropper. I couldn't help it, truth be told. I walked 18 minutes, so I feel fairly sure that it was a mile.

Yesterday we tried twice to go take a walk in a different area, but teenager Ike interferred both times. As a last resort we walked down and around the housing addition behind our house. Same-O, same-O.

The weather looks promising again today. I'm afraid drought makes the skies predictably blue. If it does finally rain, I'll be running in it to celebrate.

No comments: