Monday, March 06, 2006

hi

I am a late comer. I didn't even mean to sign up really but then Cathy's invite came in the mail today. And I realised that this would be good for me, in many many ways.

I don't own a pedometer so I have no idea how far I walk. But I figure that 30-40 mins is probably about a mile. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Today I walked to the shoemakers and back. It took about 45 mins. It was actually closed when I went (opens at 12 noon Mondays!) so I almost had to walk back again - but a friend gave me a lift. This evening I walked back from church too. That's about 20-25mins but at a leisurely pace.

For me perhaps more important than the walking itself is what I allow to go on in my brain. The skull theatre. Today has been a really hard day (for reasons I cannot yet go into) but this morning I was able to turn the walk into a prayer walk which was good. Everytime I found my thoughts coming back to me - I deliberately turned them to Jesus. A good discipline but not always easy.

Coming back from church I was trying to seek God's guidance. Unfortunately I was talking too much to hear HIm well. Tomorrow I try better.

For those of you who don't already know me - my main blog is called see-through faith. My name is Lorna by the way, and I'm doing this walking in the snow in Finland. I'm happy to be doing this pilgrimage with all of you.

be blessed :)

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Lorna, welcome!
It takes me 20 minutes to walk a mile at what is a brisk pace for me, so you are probably walking two or more.

Emily said...

Hi Lorna,

I second songbird.

Glad you're walking through Lent with us!

see-through faith said...

sometimes I amble along. I like that too. But good to know that 25 mins is prob a mile :)