Tuesday, March 14, 2006

dull and overcast

It was warmer today (about -5C) but overcast. Seems you can't have it both ways. Trouble was that when walking at lunchtime with the dog I felt cold so turned back half way. We walked for 20 mins max.

Later this evening I walked to church for my Swedish lesson. That was another 15-20 mins, and somehow a little more satisfying. I studied my verbs en route and could manage the little test we had. Next week nouns - which are so complicated in Swedish. sigh.

Tomorrow I'm having lunch with a friend in a cafe not far from the cathedral in the old town square this side of the river. Parking isn't easy there (and pricey) so I'll probably walk down, maybe taking a back route to make it a bit more interesting.

The dilemma is what to do about the dog - she usually has a walk at lunchtime. Wonder if I could drop her off at MILs or at hubby's work place while I eat lunch. Mmm?

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Lorna, how did you solve your problem?

see-through faith said...

problem? what problem? denial reigns! Or is it dementia? laughing

I had to go back to the post and see what the problem was... ah ha ...the dilemma.

solved.

I phoned MIL and will walk down with the dog and drop her off while I have lunch. She'll feed her and then I'll walk her home again. What a wonderful MIL :) she was so happy to be asked.

The sun is out again today. Hallelujah. I think I'll enjoy the walk and en route will stop at the florists to order flowers for a funeral too.