Tuesday, March 07, 2006

Talking and Walking

Today I planned to take the dogs to the big dog park on the other side of town. The weather was beautiful at 10:30 when we arrived, sunny and in the mid-40's. Spring!!

My intention was to walk the loops of the park and time myself, to see if I was really walking for 20 minutes or only doing a combination of dawdling and walking. But my phone rang twice, once for a work-related call I couldn't avoid during my work day, the second time a doctor's office returning my call. I kept walking, but lost track of time and distance. Between and after the calls, however, I was able to clock the larger loop of the two, and as we were leaving I took the shorter loop and now can see that two complete trips around the total park will get me my mile.

Will somebody please tell Molly? She prefers to greet other dogs and people at the gate, or to socialize in the big field. I think I need better bribes for that girl!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

She prefers to greet other dogs and people at the gate, or to socialize in the big field. I think I need better bribes for that girl!!

Loved this.(grin)
You know what? I think she's got the right idea personally.

Spring?! We are still in the midst of winter. It's minus fifteen Celcius this morning = colder than 'rather chilly!'

Unknown said...

Lorna, you make me feel as if I live in the tropics!