Sunday, April 16, 2006

Turku Cathedral Easter Sunday

This was the site that greeted me when I arrived at the cathedral this afternoon.

I walked there - joined by hubby and the dog for most of the journey. After the service I walked through the town (opposite direction) as I'd been invited to dinner with some English friends.

It still isn't very warm, but spring is finally trying hard to break through - most of the snow has gone, and this weekend they've done their best to clean major streets of sand etc.

There isn't any sign of growth in any gardens yet, and very few trees have even 'woken up' a tiny bit - it was only 2C last night. So still a long way to go.

But the walking was good and spring is definitely in the air. Hallelujah

1 comment:

TitanThirteen said...

This cross looks awesome! And the way it was placed in the doorway is a great idea :o)