Saturday, April 08, 2006

Saturday

I am back to reality and now at home. The beach was wonderful and I did get a good walk in one day. Right now, the weather is iffy here with a tornado watch and periodic rain. I might get a walk in later today, but the radar is not looking good. :(

I cannot complain about the rain since we desperately need it. We are way below average for the year so the rain is needed to put the pollen in its place and not in the air where it is wreaking havoc with the sinus sufferers.

By the way, I am listening to Pray as you Go (www.pray-as-you-go.org) during my walks. If you have an MP3 player, you can download them. They have scripture and music, and the format is in the Ignatian style of scripture reading. I have enjoyed it so much!

As we near Holy Week, so many of us will be busy (and some of us are as we prepare for a busy week at church), I am curious if any of you would like to celebrate the Great 50 days with 50 days 50 miles. Tell me your thoughts. I need the community to continue walking in this spiritual way. You all have been a wonderful inspiration. Perhaps others will join us each liturgical season as we walk through the Church Year. What do you think?

2 comments:

Joanne said...

Hope the weather has calmed down some. I think your suggestion for the Great Fifty Days would be great incentive for me to continue my journey to a better work / life balance. I know that walking and sharing with others what I'm seeing / feeling / thinking has really opened up my eyes, ears, and senses. Last night I read the entries and comments of the last five weeks and was so amazed that this is the last week of the forty days.

Anonymous said...

I'd be very happy to contine with the 50 for 50 :)

I didn't walk today either btw - The weather is atrocious. really ghastly