Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Spring is Springing

Home at a decent time and out comes the ladder to do a little outside work before my walk. Cleaning out the downspouts, I know that when the honey locust trees leaf out, I 'll have to do a second time.

Then to my walk. I'm seeing deep blue scillas and an early-bird daffodil bud as well as the crocus. Walking along the road, I take some time to clean away the old leaves from new green leaves of daylilies that bloom in the middle of a brambling rosebed ( the roses need some work). As I'm walking, I plan some outside work for the weekend - to uncover the roses and see what will have to be replanted (very dry last year). I walked next to the fence and got up close and personal with a beautiful brown calf, such long eyelashes. Next thingI know I'm back at my fenceline, checking out the forsythia (not blooming yet).

I wanted to share two paper back books - Beneath His Wings and In the Shelter of His Wings, published by Harvest House Publishers. Both are compilations of Bible verses, songs, and poems of faith. They are beautifully illustrated by Carolyn Shore Wright - birds and flowers. I enjoy reading a passage each day, knowing that God is always by my side.

Take care and have Joyous Walks!

No comments: