Friday, April 14, 2006

Good Friday

Walked later than I had planned, but that proved great. The storms last night and sun this morning blossomed out the Redbud tree and I saw the first Violet of the season. I had thought to walk to the cemetary to place bouquets on family graves, but wasn't sure whether the cattle (especially the bulls) had been moved to other fields, so later that was a short trip in the car up the back way and climbing over the barbed wire fence.....

Back to my walk. Two new friends today - a border collie and a well fed orange cat. Down by the canal were a pair of ducks. I'm sure they are starting a nest near by the bank. It really smells of spring, the farmer neighbor has done some light tilling. The earth smells so good! You can even smell the fresh spring dirt in town. Walking along and thinking how wonderful this all is (one reason I wasn't up early enough, I stayed in bed longer to count up my blessings and thank the Lord for all I have and all I receive). As I am walking back up my road, I think about the seasons and what a wonderful gift from God, each of those seaons is.

No comments: