Sunday, April 23, 2006

Sunday afternoon

I don't like to be busy, and this is a busy day, a day it might be easy to not walk. On the other hand, it is also gorgeous; blue sky, fluffy clouds, breezy. And I promised. Thirty minutes a day. So it was off to the park, even more filled with parents and kids playing soccer than yesterday.

If I were queen, I'd forbid parents taking their cell phones with them when they accompany children. As I was admiring the beautiful spring hues, the family time, the happy squeals and encouraging shout outs from parents, I also noticed a number of men leaving the crowd to talk on their phones. Women do it too, but I didn't see any today. What could be so important? You are there to support the team, not just your kid. Disconnect. It's for the children.

Now a nap, then off to hear my friend Sharon perform at a benefit concert at 5 p.m. for a homeless shelter, then our Bible study at 7 p.m.

To date since Easter: 13 miles.

No comments: