Saturday, April 15, 2006

Holy Saturday

I have failed miserably this week and attempting to take my walks- I have had obligations every day after work and into the evening. Much has been neglected in addition to the walks.

However, there is hope.... tomorrow begins a new season - a season of joy, a feast day of all feast days - Easter is a new beginning and the blog will reflect the season change to the great 50 days. 50 miles is the goal... or a mile each day... or however you set your goal.

Though I know I did not successfully walk 40 miles, I know that I walked more than I would have if it had not been for setting it as a goal. During the great 50 days, the challenge will be to be walking when it becomes hot and humid here which begins in May. And then the insects..

Thank you all for participating in this journey. What a wonderful group you are - please spread the word for those who might join us in the Easter walk.

2 comments:

Joanne said...

I second the "wonderful group of people". I know this walk has given me the time to think about where and what I should do, besides seeing the treasures along the way. Have a special Easter Weekend. Enjoy the first Walk of the great 50 days.

Unknown said...

Cathy, I want you to know that although my posting fell off, my walking did not, and I am delighted to say that I am more energetic and feel stronger. Count me in for continuing through the Great 50 Days. Thank you for getting this started, and I will try to be a better reporter once Easter is through.