Monday, April 24, 2006

Monday Farming

It is 6:10AM and I am out on the road just passing by the field. The farmer is finishing turning over the dirt in this field today (it is actually about an 160 acre field - no fences). The side of the road is filled with violets, deep blue to rosey lavendar and the grass seems to be growing before my eyes.

Across the highway and through the little town to the highway overpass by the Canal bicycle path - 1 and 1/2 miles. The walk is going quickly. I see a small flock of male gold finches perched on last year' cattails, must be having a good gossip session. I think the females are already sitting on nests in the woods - I haven't seen the soft brown females for a couple of days.

Headed back now, met two dogs and three cats along the way. Walking up the road towards my home, I see a rainbow of color in my yard - tree and shrub blossoms. What a wonderful way to start a new week.

No comments: