Sunday, April 09, 2006

Sunday Morning Bright

It is almost 6:30 AM. The sun will be be peeking over the hill just as I am walking. A little chilly but not so bad walking - no wind. I check out the hyacinth at the edge of the driveway. Lttle buds are forming. In the rose patch, I'm watching for Dutchmen Britches. These are pale blush blooms that we brought from the woods when my parents built this house. This week is going to be warm with some showers - maybe I'll have many different blossoms for Easter. What a joy that God created these treasures.

The birds are definitely full force into spring song and the woodpecker or maybe a flicker is pecking away in a tree across the road - house or food maybe both. This is what I see and hear as I walk past my home.

I am doing a pretty good walk - my fenceline is exactly a 1/2 mile from the highway. The bicycle path is another 1/2 mile plus two blocks. No thoughts about work this morning, am enjoying a great Sunday early morning stroll. I'm thinking about Advent to Easter and old Sunday School and Confirmation Bible study lessons are being remembered as well as favorite hymns. These rambling thoughts carried me two miles. Thank you Lord for all my senses, memories, what I'm seeing and hearing now, and your future plans for me.

No comments: