Monday, May 29, 2006

walking in Ontario

Friday we walked a lot in Kingston though we did at least take one bus from the day care right passed down town, and then walked all the way home, but in stages. It was a bit of an overcast day, so hoping that the sun there is now will hold until Weds when we'll next go down to the lake front.

Saturday we went to Ganonoque and the thousand islands tour. A short wander around the town before the boat left and then later a walk on a farm. Saw some great hopping frogs and a mallard, but the Canadian goose and her babies had gone off for a swimming / flying lesson. Lots of bugs including a few mosquitoes so we cut this walk a bit short.

Sunday we walked to Alice's church and back. About 25 mins each way.

Today I walked Alice's four year old to the daycare. About a mile (or less) return trip I guess.

Tonight I take the train up to Cornwall, and meet with a friend (Anglican priest) coming back tomorrow evening. I don't think we'll be doing much walking then, more talking over lunch and coffee etc. I'm not a coffee drinker but last week I drank a Tim Horton's French Vanilla capucchino and seriously liked it. The slippery slope I think.

Be blessed

No comments: