Monday, May 08, 2006

checking in from Finland

I walked this morning and was back home by 8am. Nothing terribly unusual about that, although it's fair to say that DD usually takes the dog for her early morning walk. Today she overslept so I said I could do it. No problem.

What was unusual was this:

Temperature: 14.2 °C (57.6 °F)
Dew-point: 7.0 °C (44.6 °F)
Relative Humidity: 62 %
Wind: 0.4 m/s from East (0.89 mph)
(Wind chill: 14.2 °C 57.6 °F)
Solar Power: 291 W/m² (800-1000 W/m² is a sunny day)
Barometric Pressure: 1031.2 hPa (30.47 inHg)
Total Rainfall today:
(ie since 00:00 GMT)
0.0 mm (0.00 in)

14C before 8am, in early May, in Finland!

Our house is sticky warm even though all the windows are open as well as the patio door. I love it. I was made for this kind of weather (grin)

Walking was lovely too. I walk about 3/4 mile. The birds were singing, the buds aren't tiny any more but opening rapidly and the light was beautiful.

I walk again later today to a meeting at 10am. It's so good to be out and about again! See you later!

1 comment:

Joanne said...

It is great that you are up and around. Know that you are thrilled that Spring continues to arrive in Finland. Enjoy!!!