Friday, May 19, 2006

5 days of Walks

Busy week - Monday through Friday:

I walked each day in the early morning - normal route, but plan longer walks this weekend.

Rain has made everything including the weeds grow so fast. Each morning I start out by looking at the wild columbine along the patio.

This morning my "Yellow Rose of Texas" is budding out - it is supposed to bloom first week of June. I walk past my bramble rose bushes, check out the daylilies and the poison ivy. Need to get to that within the next two weeks.

Down the road I see that the corn is doing well - hope that we have a good mix of rain and sun to make that corn grow tall. The dandelions are starting their second batch of blooms and there is a big wild white daisy bush just full of flowers. I think tomorrow, I'll see if I can dig a section up and plant by the roses. I'll have to check to see if the blue cornflowers are along the road.

My walks through town shows me my friend's ice plants are blooming. The canal path is alive with all kinds of "critters" and "birds". Love their songs and chatters.

This week my walks have kept me in tune with my plan of a better life / work balance.

1 comment:

Sally said...

Such an important thing- to have real balance in life, something we so often neglect...
I too find the walks are helping
what a wonderful picture your words paint...