Sunday, May 14, 2006

Family Weekend

Friday, Saturday and Sunday: Busy days and the weather just was not cooperating for spring. Dreaded treadmill on Friday and this AM. I know I won't melt in the rain but I settled for a mile each morning. Visits with brother - Tom and sister-in-law - Sue (Lincoln, NE) and niece - Kristin (St. Paul, MN). Kristin stayed with me and played with terror kitcat Blue so much, he's been sleeping all day.

Yesterday A.M. there was a break in the rain, so I set off on my ususal route. Just past the driveway, I saw a pair of bluebirds flying back towards my yard. Such a beautiful sight and what a lovely song.

Kept up a good pace. Saw the geese and the ducks - lots of honking and quacking. Not much else to see - must be everyone slept in. At the canal - did another block, then turned around. The weather has been so wet that the grass along the road has not been cut. As I turned into the driveway, I was greeted by about six gold finches flitting from the oak tree to some iris that are just starting to bud.

I'm going to try for a short walk tonight (Sunday) if the weather clears some.

No comments: