Saturday, May 13, 2006

Soggy Saturday

When last we met, I had walked in the neighborhood of 21.5 miles since Easter. My work week was horrendously busy. I was away from home for 11 or 12 hours each day, Monday through Thursday, with a break on Wednesday afternoon to go to a baseball game with my daughter's school. We walked home from the stadium, and that was a mile! On Thursday, I squeezed in a walk in the neighborhood with husband and dogs, and that is another mile. Then on Friday, we walked a mile in off-and-on rain at our favorite Nature Preserve, where I did some jogging along with the walking on a trail of about a mile. This puts me at 24.5 miles. We are now at 27 days since Easter, so I am a little behind where I had hoped to be at this point. The torrential rain here today does not suggest I will improve my total in a meaningful way, but we will certainly get out and walk despite the weather. I don't know what the coming week will bring. I will be in Atlanta at the Festival of Homiletics. I'm hoping the hotel has a treadmill or something I can use and try to keep up with the rest of you in my modest way.

Blessings to all our walkers,
Songbird

P.S. It looks like the hotel has some minimal exercise facilities, so I will try out the treadmill!

No comments: