Tuesday, May 01, 2007

High heat today

I added two more miles on Monday and three today, so I'm at 48 miles. I think I'm going to have to push that little marker ahead to extend the miles. Time goes fast with an audio book (1776 by David McCullough). I'm into the winter of 1775-76 and hearing/reading about the awful conditions. The British sentries froze to death at their posts--we've always heard about how tough the weather was on the American soldiers who were poorly clothed and armed (they were issued spears to save on gunshot), but the British soldiers were really unaccustomed to ice and snow of the Boston area.

1 comment:

Annie said...

Wow! Wow and Wow!

I came out to see what y'all have been up to and y'all have run off and left me way behind.

Let's see, when are the fifty days up?