Tuesday, May 08, 2007

2.4 miles today!

I walked 2.4 miles today with my route around my neighborhood. Norma, loved the sharing of your books for your book club. I, too, read mostly nonfiction, but the book club gives me an opportunity to read fiction with others. We flip flop each month alternating between non fiction and fiction.

I have and idea for the long season of Ordinary Time or season after Pentecost. Why don't we set our own goals? Some of us might want to do "activity minutes", some might do bicycle miles, others walking. We can set the goal as we like, either by month, or until Advent. Be thinking if this is something you would like. That way we can have some flexibility during this time.

Added 2.4 miles today...

5 comments:

Norma said...

Sounds good to me. My usual activity is walking, and then only if the weather cooperates, but I can encourage people who tennis or bike or swim.

Dr. Laura Marie Grimes said...

Sounds great! One reason I have added up miles slowly is that I swim lots of days instead, but that hasn't "counted" here.

polly said...

Same with me and biking...tho it doesn't "count" here I do manage to get it into my postings one way or another!!!!

polly said...

I like the "set your own goals" "all activities count" plan...especially during the summer months in MN. What about for 3 months - summer - June, July, August? Then something different again in September. With my ADD (ha) I question my ability to stay focused on one thing/plan til Advent. BUT I am up for whatever gets decided. I just appreciate y'all =) letting me be a part of your community! This is fun and motivating.

Joanne said...

Great Idea. It will keep me on track between work and play - I'm still trying to figure it out. But this goal setting sharing will keep me from obsessing so much about work. You know the story - "all work and no play....."