Friday, May 11, 2007

Friday's Child

Well - here it is Friday - 7 days and 10 miles. I am trying to walk in both the morning and when I get home from work. That hasn't worked out yet since I manage to stay at work too late. Tomorrow I will be able to try 2 miles - AM and 2 miles - PM

My route is familiar but always new in sights. A huge Oak tree by the canal bicycle path came down sometime before my Wednesday walk. I had to investigate - right at the root line -there was nothing left of the deep roots. I would imagine the people who live near by heard a "big thud".

I haven't seen the blue heron yet, but many ducks and geese, lots of squirrels, and bunnies.

I have to really concentrate on coordinating my walking sticks to my steps - getting better. Maybe I'll be able to cross country ski next winter.


1 comment:

Norma said...

Two miles it will be then!