Saturday, December 01, 2007

New Month, New Season, New Goal

The best laid plans of mice and men: no walk today - a little snow,more sleet and ice. The grass next to the driveway is icy and my mailbox is frozen shut, so I'm waiting for the rain to melt the ice.

I'm going to try the outside walking on days that are good - it will depend a lot on the weather. I haven't bought equipment to showshoe yet. I haven't been on skis since college and with no place close to cross country, I think learning to use snow shoes would be good. Other years, from December 1 through December 31, I have been able to get at least 4 days each week of 3 - 4 miles of good brisk walks in.

This change of plans started me on Christmas gift wrapping - since I have packages to mail off Monday, today is dedicated to making one pick mess and one time cleaning up

No comments: