Monday, April 03, 2006

Saturday and Sunday

Saturday - Did a long walk - 5k, sponsered by Gilda's Club. All proceeds support our local Gilda's House. Walked with a best friend who will soon be a cancer survivor of one year. The walk / run is in a residential section of one our near by cities - Bettendorf, IA. The local area here includes counties in Iowa and Illinois and is know as the Quad Cities although there are many other communities that feed into this metropolitan area. This walk was mostly for pace - I was happy to have completed in under 45 minutes. It was a little cool but by the end of the walk I was warmed up and thanking the Lord for friendships and family.

Sunday - Big storm brewing, so I walked just a little over a mile. Our sky was gray. To the South and West, reports on the TV showed that the dark clouds, wind, hail, and rain moved in within seconds of the sky being sunny. As I walked, I saw the cattle beginning to group like they do before a storm. The little ones were still enjoying their romps, but there was much mooing by the "mamas". I decided to make sure kit cats were in the basement with me before the storm hit - that meant catching the two bigger ones before they crawled under the bed. When I got in, retrieved the bigger cats first and placed them in a big cage, then went for Blue, who doesn't mind being in a kennel. When all was accomplished, settled down for a big storm, but just a little wind and some rain. Saw a rainbow when we went upstairs, such a lovely sight and promise.

2 comments:

Annie said...

Wow! 5k! Somehow I envy you that opportunity.

Good going!

see-through faith said...

rainbow and promise. I love it :)