Friday, April 07, 2006

A Late Thursday and Cold Friday

Thursday - Stayed at work too late to walk. So it was the treadmill for about 15 minutes - seemed like an hour. The treadmill is in the spare room where Blue kit cat sleeps. He thinks the noise the treadmill makes is great fun and likes to nip at my feet. If he would be a good boy, he could be with the other two cats. Maybe sometime this year, we will all be a peaceable kingdom. I really have to concentrate with treadmill walking - probably because I get bored. Nothing to watch growing - I guess I need incentive.


Friday Morning - Not too cold or windy yet, but they are predicting a drop in temp by 3PM, so I'm walking before I go to work. I am anxious for daylight savings time hours to get lighter earlier so I can walk more before going to work. It is 6:30AM and really foggy - I think everyone was sleeping in, not much traffic on my road. This fog did not swirl around like it does sometimes - it just stayed still. Everything is monotone in shades of gray. Even the cattle and calves are staying close to the barn, waiting for a load of hay for breakfast. The rain has provided some water to the creek that fills with spring water and runoff from the field. Last year was the first year I remember that creek being mud , no water running through. I have just enough time to walk a block through the little town before returning. On my way back, I'm planning projects for the day. Once I am up my walk, I look to see if I have more daffodil buds. They should be blooming in about a week. Better walking days are predicted for this weekend.

No comments: