Tuesday, July 04, 2006

A NEW MONTH

Even not having posted since June 25, I still am doing the journey. Some days a mile, some days more.

Today was the local Firecracker Run / Walk - both a 10K and a 5K. We did the 5K, about 3.2 miles. Weather was excellent for walking - I did some running, but walking is more my style this year. Of course what keeps me going is the reward at the end - bagels, bananas, oranges, grapes, cookies. They have bands playing along the route - gospel, blues, rock and roll, blue grass. The local running club volunteers and police make sure we are all walking and running safe. Then home to work on the yard, cleaning, and some data entry for the office. I'll sit out on the front porch and watch the fireworks tonight.

This week is busy with budget revisions and cost cutting, so I will definitely be enjoying my journeys early in the morning.

No comments: