Friday, June 08, 2007

Golden Friday

On Wednesday, 3 and 1/2 miles in the morning and 2 and 1/2 miles in the evening with a chocolate Dairy Queen cone as a reward. Thursday, too windy to walk in the morning. I moved the potted plants to a sheltered place - straight line winds of 30 mph with higher gusts were predicted. In the evening, stayed later at work and then stopped to pick up our Race for the Cure packets, so no walk.

This morning was beautiful - a day off and it just seemed golden outside. I walked a leisurely route and stopped to talk to some friends I hadn't seen since early last fall. God's creatures were certainly busy along the canal. I heard cardinals, orioles, blue jays, robins, wrens, and red-winged blackbirds. The fish are still jumping and there were squirrels scampering along eating their breakfast. The 3 and 1/2 miles went so fast. So, I'm at 95.5 miles. With the 5K tomorrow and a quick walk tomorrow evening, I will just meet my downsized goal of 100 miles and finsh planting my flowers tomorrow.


No comments: