Sunday, June 24, 2007

Catching Up on Sunday

It has been rainy and cloudy since Thursday, but this week I managed 3 and 1/2 miles each day on Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, and then 3 and 1/2 miles today - 45.5 miles to my goal. God is gracious and has made my life so good. I realize now that even though I have a full load at work there is time for me to enjoy the Lord's Creation. The walk today was pretty brisk, but I stopped to talk to some teens fishing and to an acquaintance walking a daschund. The walking sticks are helping me to lengthen my stride - maybe I'll be close to a 13.5 minute mile by September.

Home is mostly now a peaceable kingdom, with the three Kit Cats really doing well together (only with a few spit spats). Lots of yardwork and housework to catch up on, but I am able now to do most things on my own (except for lifting real heavy stuff). I think that was the hardest part of this whole hip infection thing was not being able to do just simple things, like putting on socks and shoes. Especially when you are a "Thank you very much, I can do it myself person."


1 comment:

Norma said...

You are really doing great. Sometimes we really don't appreciate those small things, do we?