Sunday, July 22, 2007

Rethinking A Goal

Time to rethink my original goal. Since I've added 2 - 1/2 hr exercise sessions to my program and on August 1 am adding every other day at the gymn for weight training, I've reset my miles to 230 miles. I need to build up my stamina and endurance, hence the weight machines. Plus the hours at work have slowed me down since I am working later than I had planned.

Still my walks are joyous. This week it was rainy and I couldn't walk for two days - no treadmill (dreadmill) for me. I'm trying to get out by 5:30 to 6AM - beautiful sounds. There are families of bobwhites, meadowlarks, and whip-poor-wills living in the fenceline. The whip-poor-wills usually sing in the evening, but I hear soft songs at sunrise. The whole 3 and 1/2 miles are filled with bird songs.


1 comment:

Sally said...

LOVE THE THOUGHT OF THOSE EARLY MORNING SOUNDS:-)