Tuesday, January 08, 2008

New ticker for this month

I'm resetting my pedometer for 6,000 steps a day. Our weather has been so warm that so far, I've been able to exceed that, although the cold is coming back this week-end. Yesterday I did 10,700. I walked around the parking lot when I bought groceries, and around the condo in the afternoon with some classical music. Most of the articles I've read on using pedometers recommend 10,000 a day. I plan to work up to that, but not being an exercise-role model like Joanne, I'll not set my expectations too high.


3 comments:

Unknown said...

I envy your warm weather, & I love arizona, we have traveled there many times...
Walking in the winter outside in Mi can be pretty cold & not so comfortable some days...

Joanne said...

6,000 steps a day is a Great Goal!
I still don't have the battery in my pedometer - maybe I'll get that done by February 1.

Cathy said...

I just got a pedometer which downloads to the computer all the data. I really like how you are working towards number of steps.