Wednesday, December 05, 2007

My pedometer goal

In November I wrote about the advantages of wearing a pedometer. During this high calorie Christmas season when it is cold and drippy outside, I'm setting a goal of 5,000 steps a day through January 5, 2008. If I can do more, I will, but if I set it too high, I'll get discouraged. My computer download is a bit slow, so as it creeps on screen, I get up, walk through the living room and kitchen and return to my office, adding valuable steps instead of fuming at my CRT.




Update: Because the ticker will forward each day, I'll note here that my first day was 2527 steps, so I didn't meet the 5000 goal--maybe if I'd gone to the supermarket, but it was too nasty to leave the house.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm betting you will find yourself thinking of new ways to get those steps in. As far as the slow downloads, so it is with my computer. I dust and clean while waiting. I guess we are to used to multi-tasking.