Friday, December 07, 2007

Wintery Mixes

Walking has now become the treadmill - until the weather lightens up some. So I may not make my goal - 4 miles on the treadmill is not near as much fun as walking outside. I had hoped to get the snow shoes ordered, but I'll wait til after Christmas. Then I'll have more time to explore what is available in snow shoes and also may need to get new walking sticks (I think I'm wearing one stick out). I used to walk on all kinds of wintery surfaces, but I don't want to mess up what the Drs. fixed last year.

I almost blew off going to the gym tonight, but thought better of it. Good thing too - I had the best workout I have had in a very long time. Stress level is better, maybe I'm mellowing out.

We have had some really snowy slippery days, with more on the way for the weekend and on through Tuesday. I love the winter season, but hate driving in the snow and ice. I even love to shovel my walk - I like to do that very early with starlight and moonlight making the my little corner of the world glisten. It is so quiet and peaceful.

My treadmill (not motorized) needs oiling - first thing tomorrow.

No comments: