Sunday, March 15, 2009

Spring is Coming Better Get Ready

After a long winter, I'm back to writing about my walks as I continue to seek a work/life balance. What better way to do this than require some discipline from my self regarding work hours so I will make it home in time to do a 4 mile walk before dark. With the world in the current economic crisis, my agency will be in the front lines, providing training services locally for those affected by layoffs, plant closings.




I managed 3 blocks shy of 4 miles with this first walk since the Christmas Minneapolis walk. Saw robins, cardinals, a squirrel and crow having issues, some old puppy friends, and talked to some acquaintances. The farm field next to my home showed me a week old calf and saw some signs of green grass along the road. As always, I thank the Lord for all He has created and thank Him that I am able to enjoy His creation.

2 comments:

Norma said...

I managed 15 minutes. I'd say you did great. First day of Spring in Ohio was our coldest day of the week, but our sun is shining. We just returned from the Holy Land--I've got a link at the right on my blog.

Joanne said...

Your pictures are terrific - what a wonderful trip!

It was cold here also, but needed to get the brain fog gone.