Monday, June 22, 2009

The start of summer

It's almost as good as a New Year's Resolution--arriving at the lake and resolving to take advantage of the walking and biking opportunities. Yesterday, first day of summer I began the day with 25 minutes along the lakefront with about 4 shorter destination walks during the day, for at least an hour of walking. I think that's about 4 miles. I can manage that if I break the walks up.


Then today I began with a 30 minute walk along the lake returning on 3rd St. Then about 6 blocks round trip to the grocery for ingredients for tonight's potluck, then about 6 blocks round trip (walking) to the coffee shop. So I've already got about 3 miles in today.

Part of this glorious plan was inspired by the coffee shop which this year isn't opening until 8 a.m. instead of 6:30 last summer. But on my way there today, I see that the new proprietor of Abigail's is opening at 6 a.m. Oh my! My plan might fail.

No comments: