Sunday, September 28, 2008

QUAD CITY MARATHON 5K

Just finished my last 5K for the year. That's not to say I won't be continuing my walks and jogs along the canal bike path. Although our governor thought he would cut the budgets for several park facilities and historic sites, hopefully the Illinois law makers will approve funding for those areas. If so, I will be walking still when the snow flies and maybe even through the snow. I'm still comtemplating snow shoeing - we'll see how that all works out.

My work is still ruling most of my life, but I am making more time for a life outside the office. I really have lots of yardwork to catch up on, but I love working outside in the fall so I will enjoy every minute of it.

5 comments:

Norma said...

I have great admiration for your guts and determination.

Joanne said...

Thank you. I think, somtimes, it is more more guts than common sense. Our local TV station inteviewed an 85 year old marathoner - what an inspiration!

Joanne said...

Thank you. I think, somtimes, it is more more guts than common sense. Our local TV station inteviewed an 85 year old marathoner - what an inspiration!

Joanne said...

Now how did that happen - must have been too impatient!

Annie said...

Very good!

*I'd really like to hear about snow shoeing, if you do it!*